Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Is it the law that the father is responsible to pay for supervise visitation when the mother is requesting it ?

Q: I have been granted Sole legal and physical custody of my son, the mother has not seen him for a year do to her issues with no license do to failing to pay child support, and CPS issues.

A: David's Answer: There is no definite law one way or the other, but the general rule driven by caselaw precedent is that each party pays a "pro-rata share" of such costs. "Pro-rata" means a comparison of each party's incomes in order to determine who pays what percentage. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions