High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I can’t find My Son’s Mother so she can pay child support, what can I do?

Q: I won custody on my son about 2 years ago in a custody case, there was no judgment for child support because the mother didn’t bring in any of her financial info. when I applied for child support she had disappeared. I asked the courts and they are making no effort to look for her, but I know she is filing taxes and has a job but I don’t know where she works. what can I do? Is there someone who can help me?

A: You’d need to hire a private investigator – the court doesn’t look for a missing parent. Once the P.I. locates her, then you can serve her with a child support summons. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network