Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do I get the NCP to stop removing my child from social activities such as afterschool?

Q: I have sole custody with full decsision making power. The custody agreement we have on file was drawn up when my child was 3, she's now 8 and wants to participate in the myriad of activities her current school offers. The NCP keeps threatening to remove her from school because it's his court ordered parenting time. If I have full decision making power and have a history already enrolling her in programming after school hours (she's participated in summer camps and a sort of extended day program at her previous school), does he have a legitimate claim here? Can he really remove her from her program without my knowledge and express consent? 

A: If it's his time, and the two of you have a dispute as to where the child should be during that time, then you should file a modification petition. You should allege that the programs are in the child's best interests and the order should carve out time for such participation. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions