High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How Can Notice to Appear due to Past Child Support Arrears be Cancelled Out?

Q: I owe several mos. back child support arrears. Child Support Unit sent Notice to Appear to us. I just mailed them a payment after finally getting paid, as I only consult now. My ex has been very patient. Neither of us wants to go to court. How do we avoid going & cancel this? What are the next steps?

A: If the mother is the recipient of the support, she can always send a letter to the court to cancel the court date. Bear in mind she can reinstate it at any time. Call a Westchester Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge