High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can my husband get custody of my handicap son, his step-son whom bio-father is dead?

Q: God forbid, if something happened to me I want to make sure that my husband has custody

A: Your options would be: (a) file a step-parent adoption case, or (b) await the circumstance of your (hopefully extremely unlikely) demise – he can then file a petition for custody. Most likely, because he (presumably) served as a father-figure for the child, the Court would grant him custody. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge