Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I make sure it is noted I have full custody ?

Q: My baby is 9 months old and her father hasnt been present for the most part . He refuses to go on child support and says he is in debt right now and has no job so that he needs time . Its been months of this . My question is - since Im the one taking care of her and providing for her is there anyway it can be legally noted that I have full custody ? I dont feel safe with joint custody - he has a violent record and past and wont risk that when it comes to my child.

A: If you want it "noted" the way to do so is by filing a petition for sole custody in Family Court. Based on what you've stated, you seem to be a good candidate to receive it. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions