High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get visitation rights for my son if the childs mother uprooted from NY and went to FL?

Q: I had a child support hearing to determine the paternity of my son. The paternity came back 99.99% me being the father. The judge asked if I had any doubts of paternity and I stated ” I needed time to think about it”. The judge gave us another court date which I did not attend. They began collecting child support from my checks. We were residing in the NY. I recently discovered that my sons mother relocated to Florida but was not made aware of anything. 

A: If the child’s been in Florida less than 6 months, you can hurry up & file a visitation petition (or custody petition) here. If it’s been more than 6 months, then Florida now has jurisdiction. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network