Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I get visitation rights for my son if the childs mother uprooted from NY and went to FL?

Q: I had a child support hearing to determine the paternity of my son. The paternity came back 99.99% me being the father. The judge asked if I had any doubts of paternity and I stated " I needed time to think about it". The judge gave us another court date which I did not attend. They began collecting child support from my checks. We were residing in the NY. I recently discovered that my sons mother relocated to Florida but was not made aware of anything. 

A: If the child's been in Florida less than 6 months, you can hurry up & file a visitation petition (or custody petition) here. If it's been more than 6 months, then Florida now has jurisdiction. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions