Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can i still get divorced from my DR husband.He is not in NYC. Am i still legally married? Its been 7yrs in a pending case

Q: Im Married to a DR man for over 7 years, our case is pending. He lives in DR. I want a divorce. He moved but all i know is were his mother lives. Im i still legally married since its 7 years, he is in DR and i live here in NYC?

A: If he's going to cooperate by signing the papers, then yes. Otherwise you have to make an application to the Judge for the direction of service, as DR is not a signatory on the hague Convention governing service of process. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions