High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I get a divorce a month after my marriage?

Q: My case is really complicated. I’m an overstayed immigrant who got married to an American in New York. Our marriage is just 1month but I’ve not set my eyes on him since we got married. We never lived together or acquired any property together. I feel like I got married to a stranger and I really want to be out of this soonest. How can I get a divorce and forget I was once married?

A: You generally wouldn’t qualify for a divorce – yet – without waiting 6 months to file a no-fault divorce. You may be able to file for an annulment – but more facts would be necessary to determine whether you’d be able to file for same. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network