Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I get a divorce a month after my marriage?

Q: My case is really complicated. I'm an overstayed immigrant who got married to an American in New York. Our marriage is just 1month but I've not set my eyes on him since we got married. We never lived together or acquired any property together. I feel like I got married to a stranger and I really want to be out of this soonest. How can I get a divorce and forget I was once married?

A: You generally wouldn't qualify for a divorce - yet - without waiting 6 months to file a no-fault divorce. You may be able to file for an annulment - but more facts would be necessary to determine whether you'd be able to file for same. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions