High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

After he gets an order of affiliation what next ?

Q: He wants to change my sons. Last name can I oppose to it or I’m I obligated to do to the order I I do understand that his name will be put on the birth certificate

A: It depends on the age of the child – often times a court will merely hyphenate the surname. That said, if the Court has entered an order of filiation, his name should be listed on the child’s birth certificate as the father. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for more info.

FindLaw Network