Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

After he gets an order of affiliation what next ?

Q: He wants to change my sons. Last name can I oppose to it or I'm I obligated to do to the order I I do understand that his name will be put on the birth certificate

A: It depends on the age of the child - often times a court will merely hyphenate the surname. That said, if the Court has entered an order of filiation, his name should be listed on the child's birth certificate as the father. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions