Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

1) Doesn't she have to PROVE that I'm a threat, rather than me proving that I'm not? 2) If so, then shouldn't she subpoena him?

Q: My wife and I are divorcing in a NY court. I want "normal" visitation with our kids and she's "busting chops" about getting sole physical custody, saying I'm a danger to them, and harping on supervised visits only. I'm not, and she's the only one whoever said so. I have been seeing a psychiatrist; I don't think he's too smart, and would be vulnerable. if I call him as witness.

A: Ultimately if she wants restricted visits she would need to prove that you're a danger. However, if you have an admitted mental illness, then the court should order a forensic psychological evaluation to assess the "danger" issue. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions