Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Tempoary guardianship of my two grandchildren?

Q: My two grandchildren have lived with me from birth but my housing complex said that i need custody of the children to add them to my lease . They're parents are hard working single mothers and are not on drugs or anything just need help with a stable place to stay and help watching the kids while they work the grand children are 6 and 10 years old.

A: David's Answer: Well, this would have me confused - are the children actually living with you, or do they merely stay with you while the mothers are at work? The Court would only grant you custody or guardianship if the children are in your household the majority of the time (unless other factors exist). Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions