Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My kids father pays $100 for two kids a week can I ask for more money ?

Q: I still pays for everything for my kids my daughter has disease which has to do with her immune system so goes to the hospital a lot and it making hard for me to work like I want to 

A: David's Answer: You can possibly do so, but the child's condition wouldn't necessarily govern whether you get an increase (at least not in itself). Whether you get one depends on whether the prior order was a mere order of the court, what court issued it, when they issued it, or whether your prior support decree was done pursuant to a divorce settlement agreement. Schedule a consult with a Westchester family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions