High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My husband is filing for divorce and waived marital property distribution, does that include co-op property?

Q: He wants to have a verbal agreement leaving me with apartment. He will help pay the morgage until i can refinance. How can i trust that if he abandoned me! I cant afford the expenses. What should i do?

A: David’s Answer: I’d strongly advise against having “verbal agreements” as same are unenforceable. Anything you’re agreeing to should be captured in a full settlement agreement. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network