High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

If my child mom lie to the cops & the father proof it in court,when the mom goes to jail for perjury,do dad gets care of child?

Q: Dad is on the birth certificate and provides for his child financially, there’s no child protective services involved. Does dad get physical custody without having to answer to nobody legally and the child has dad’s surname as well.

A: David’s Answer: Lying to the police would not constitute “perjury,” which is a material & intentional misstatement under oath,” usually in a court proceeding. While conceivably she could be charged with obstruction of justice, such prosecutions are rare under such circumstances. Thus, I wouldn’t count on getting custody on that basis – there may be other factors though. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network