Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If my child mom lie to the cops & the father proof it in court,when the mom goes to jail for perjury,do dad gets care of child?

Q: Dad is on the birth certificate and provides for his child financially, there's no child protective services involved. Does dad get physical custody without having to answer to nobody legally and the child has dad's surname as well.

A: David's Answer: Lying to the police would not constitute "perjury," which is a material & intentional misstatement under oath," usually in a court proceeding. While conceivably she could be charged with obstruction of justice, such prosecutions are rare under such circumstances. Thus, I wouldn't count on getting custody on that basis - there may be other factors though. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions