Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I pay child support for a 17old, I am retiring do I still pay child support on top of my pension qdro order?

Q: My son is 17yrs old, I still have to pay until he is 21, I am retiring in 2019 he will be 19, my qdro states she gets a portion of my pension masjukas formula, will I be paying child support and the qdro ordered pension payments too until he reaches age 21? I will not be able to survive.

A: David's Answer: The short answer is yes. The QDRO distributes an asset you owe to your ex-wife. It's considered separate & apart from your obligation to pay child support. Another thing: voluntary retirement is not generally a basis to file a petition to reduce child support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions