High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I owe child support, im in the rears.

Q: I was working at one time and paying almost 800 a month, but i was young and didnt know to much about the chils support or going to court to get it modified. But i have proof of when i wasent employed am i able to get a lawyer to help with lowering the rears or can my kids more do it also. need help.

A: David’s Answer: Once arrears accrue, it is extremely difficult to get them vacated. Merely being unemployed during that time would be insufficient as you’d have the dual burden of proving what your income was, and what “diligent efforts” you were making at the time to find work. Even then your case is unlikely to succeed. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network