High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How much would I have to pay to file a writ oh ha rid corpus in New York Family Court?

Q: I have a custody document from New Jersey and the child has my son in New York so I have to go to New York to present the custody document to retrieve my son whose resident is in South Carolina. How much do I need to file that document in New York?

A: David’s Answer: There is no filing fee charged in Family Court in New York. If your question is regarding attorney’s fees, then such fees vary widely with both the experience level, nature of practice, qualifications and geographic location of each attorney. You’re best to call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult . 

FindLaw Network