Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Does Sole custody and termination of visitations for non custodial parent grants free relocation without any restrictions ?

Q: I have been the primary caregiver to my child since her birth. Visitation right are not exercised for 2 years. There are multiple violations of payment for child support. I have in mind to file for Sole custody and termination of visitations. I am curious about relocation because I am soon to graduate college and would like to have freedom in expanding my job search outside of NY state in order to benefit living conditions for my child. I would not like to be bothered by relocation case upon receiving a decent job offer outside of NY state. 

A: David's Answer: "Relocation" is almost never an issue unless it purports to interfere with the non-custodial parent's access rights. Thus, if your planned move was within the greater NYC area, I wouldn't see an issue in any event. If it's going to be greater than that, then the best course of action is to either get the father's express permission or a Judge's order permitting the move. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions