High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Divorced with joint legal custody?

Q: As the parent with JL and visitation, is it permissible for me to leave my child with an aunt or a grandparent while they are in my care for a few hours or even an over night?

A: David’s Answer: Generally you should communicate your intention to do so with the other parent. Especially if it’s for an extended time period (such as overnight), and you’re doing so because you’re unavailable to care for the child, the other parent should generally be given the right to take back the child during said period. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge