Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I refuse to give the father of my unborn baby any paternity rights?

Q: I got pregnant by a guy after only dating 3 months. He became very verbally abusive and tried to intimidate me with a air gun for me not to leave him. He has an alcohol addiction, and has PTSD from serving in the army. I have tried to tell him that I don't want us to be more than co-parents but all he does is get upset and tell me that I'm tied to him forever and threatens to hurt my brothers, my father, or any man in my life by reminding me that he can shoot them from a mile away. I'm starting to feel like it's best if he's not involved at all. I left my apartment in PA and moved to NYC with my dad. I need to keep him away from me and my family.

A: David's Answer: You do not need to list the guy as the father of the child. It would then be his burden to pursue a paternity case in court. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions