Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I petition to have my child adopted rather than give away custody ?

Q: I need to permanately remove myself from my 15 year olds life. Every year I'm fighting new charges against me because of her. I don't want any part of her life including paying child support. If I'm sued for custody I would be facing that.

A: David's Answer:
You cannot force an adoption proceeding, nor is there a mechanism under NY law to terminate one's own parental rights. If you're the non-custodial parent, then you may wish to either discuss the issue with the custodial parent, or make an application for emancipation. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions