High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What measures to take to safeguard Marital Assets (Married for 30 years)?

Q: I do not want divorce, want to live separately. We do have marital assets(houses, 401k, stock options, retirement), all acquired during marriage). Husband in late sixties still high wage earner, I am early sixty (low wage, part time). Can I apply for spousal support while living separately. Do not want my husband to make changes in his will or reallocation of assets. Please give me few ideas before recommending to speak to a matrimonial Lawyer. 

A: David’s Answer: Yes, you can file a petition for Spousal Support via Family Court prior to filing for divorce. Regarding the assets, you can also do a separation agreement addressing same. Call a White Plains Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network