High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My son just turned 21, and senior in college Is he is still entitled to receive child support?

Q: I pay college room, board and meals and other expenses. 

A: David’s Answer: No – unless you executed a written settlement agreement or separation agreement which extended the age of emancipation. If that wasn’t done, then in NY a parent loses his/her legal obligation to support a child when s/he turns 21. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge