Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How far back can I submit expenses receipt to court?

Q: I have my daughters father on Child Support but I have not gone back to court in about 3 years to report my expense report. How far back can I submit my receipt from Medical and education expense?

A: David's Answer: Unless your prior order says otherwise, generally 3 years back would not be considered "laches" or waived claims. That said, you should ensure all those receipt are provided to the Father with a cover letter (or cover e-mail) asking him to pay his share. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions