High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get an illegal alien to pay for child support ?

Q: I recently filed for child support , the problem is he pays child support when he wants to , when I went to court they gave him the amount he has to paid weekly to our son, the problem is he doesn’t pay he actually owns our son about 2,000$ . Hes illegal in the united states and at this point I really dont know what my next step should be ?

A: David’s Answer: If you can determine where he works, you can have SCU garnish his wages regardless of his immigration status. Otherwise, you may be relinquished to filing violation cases & have the Court threaten him with jail unless he pays. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge