High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse


Q: Hello, I have two step children who moved from New York to Florida. I’am married to their father which never filed taxes because he always worked under the table and is an immigrant. My question is Can their mom make me pay child support for his kid. We are legally married. I’m only 21 and attend school. The father is 33 and mom 32. Me and my husband have a child in common. I would like to know which laws apply from which state, etc.

A: David’s Answer: It’s not so much that YOU will be ordered to pay child support, but the Father will indeed be ordered to pay support upon the mother filing a petition. Then, if he can’t pay the bill, you would have the choice of either paying it on his behalf or see him go off to jail. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network