Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580


Q: Hello, I have two step children who moved from New York to Florida. I'am married to their father which never filed taxes because he always worked under the table and is an immigrant. My question is Can their mom make me pay child support for his kid. We are legally married. I'm only 21 and attend school. The father is 33 and mom 32. Me and my husband have a child in common. I would like to know which laws apply from which state, etc.

A: David's Answer: It's not so much that YOU will be ordered to pay child support, but the Father will indeed be ordered to pay support upon the mother filing a petition. Then, if he can't pay the bill, you would have the choice of either paying it on his behalf or see him go off to jail. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions