High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I travel or move to a different state without consent ?

Q: My son is 5 his father isn’t on the birth certificate we did go to court judge claim him as the father no modification of the birth certificate and no custody was spoken of I’m planning a vacation and moveing to a different state what should I do

A: David’s Answer: You’d need to file a petition for custody/relocation. If he’s been declared the legal father of the child, then you’d need either his express permission or a judge’s approval to move to another state. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network