High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I do motion to enforce child custody in the Bronx when divorce was granted in westchester county ny

Q: I lived in westchester when divorced commenced three years ago. Subsequently I moved to the Bronx ny. Divorce was final in westchester. I live in the Bronx for 3 years. Can I move child custody issues to bronx

A: David’s Answer: That depends – if the child lives with you & thus you both live in the Bronx, then you have a good argument that venue should be transferred. However, a solid counter argument may exist that venue should remain in Westchester if the non-custodial parent remains living in that county. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network