Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I do motion to enforce child custody in the Bronx when divorce was granted in westchester county ny

Q: I lived in westchester when divorced commenced three years ago. Subsequently I moved to the Bronx ny. Divorce was final in westchester. I live in the Bronx for 3 years. Can I move child custody issues to bronx

A: David's Answer: That depends - if the child lives with you & thus you both live in the Bronx, then you have a good argument that venue should be transferred. However, a solid counter argument may exist that venue should remain in Westchester if the non-custodial parent remains living in that county. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions