High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Social welfare is forcing me to get an order of protection for baby daddy and I don’t want to ,can I not do it if I don’t want ?

Q: It’s a domestic violence case

A: David’s Answer: Depending on the circumstances, you risk a neglected case being filed against you based on allegations that you “knew or should have known that you were putting your child at risk of physical or emotional harm, and failed to take adequate steps to prevent same.” That said, unless they’ve filed an action in court, anything you do is voluntary on your part. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network