High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My husband abandoned me n my daughter

Q: My husband abonded me n my daughter for a women we live in NYC he left to Atlanta to live with her..its been 4 months he doesn’t give me any money for our child he doesn’t call her she has no insurance since he left his job in NYC he doesn’t buy any clothes for her I live In a shelter now with her n his new girlfriend is telling him to take my daughter away for them to raise her and get me out the picture.can I put a order of protection against both of them n get his rights taken plz help what can I do

A: David’s Answer: You can file for divorce. If you need money from him sooner rather than later, I’d advise to file for spousal/child support in Family Court first. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network