High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My ex attorney just filed with courts to object service for qualified domestic relations order

Q: I’ve been divorced 6 yrs and recently filed for my ex retirement. The divorce decree stipulates I’m entitled to half for married years (. My ex got my pension during divorce since my assets were tangible he had loans against his and therefore the net worth at that time was not tangible) I received approval from the retirement plan as well as court and filed the DRO w his retirement plan. However I cannot collect until he retires.

A: David’s Answer: You were supposed to have served the copy of the proposed DRO on your ex via Notice of Settlement. If that wasn’t done, then your ex may re-open the issue and raise any valid objections he may have to the proposed DRO. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network