Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My ex attorney just filed with courts to object service for qualified domestic relations order

Q: I've been divorced 6 yrs and recently filed for my ex retirement. The divorce decree stipulates I'm entitled to half for married years (. My ex got my pension during divorce since my assets were tangible he had loans against his and therefore the net worth at that time was not tangible) I received approval from the retirement plan as well as court and filed the DRO w his retirement plan. However I cannot collect until he retires.

A: David's Answer: You were supposed to have served the copy of the proposed DRO on your ex via Notice of Settlement. If that wasn't done, then your ex may re-open the issue and raise any valid objections he may have to the proposed DRO. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions