Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I am separated for over 15 years- my x husband was deported 3 years ago! Do I still have to file for a divorce?

Q: Want to get re-married and my x-husband was deported 3 years ago!
I live in New York and although we were legally married in NY
He never received residency! And was picked up by ICE and sent back to Canada Again we have not been together for over 15 years

A: David's Answer: Yes - you are still legally married until a divorce decree is issued. As such, you will need to file a divorce case & have him served with a summons in Canada. Call a Bronx Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions