High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Do I have the right to give up my parental rights because I am unable to financially support them ?

Q: I was with a woman for 2 years and she had 2 children that possibly mine the kids are 5 and 3 now. She took me to court for child support about a year ago but they dismissed the case cause she missed 2 court dates, so paternity was never done. Now she’s bringing me to court again and now I just want to sign over my rights if they are my kids I can not afford them,

A: David’s Answer: You cannot surrendered your own parental rights. You have an obligation to support any children you father. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge