Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Child Visitation?

Q: I am taking my daughter's mother to court for visitation rights. She has kept me from seeing my child for a year. They live in Florida and I live in the Bronx. Before moving to Florida, we had a verbal agreement that I would see my child during the summer time and Christmas. That verbal agreement was violated. The mother cut off all communication I had with my daughter by purposely changing her number and disconnecting her old phone line. The mother has been served and the court date is next week. What are demands I can bring to court so that this does not happen again.

A: David's Answer: Preliminarily, if the child's been living in Florida for more than 6 months, then that state is the child's "home state" & you'd then need to pursue your visitation case in Florida. If there is a prior order of custody/visitation from NY, then what "demands" you'll need to raise depends on the precise wording of your prior order. If you believe NY may be the child's "home state," then call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions