High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child support owed

Q: I lent my friend money when he got hurt on the job.( was out for a few months) He has several checks coming and wants to sign one over to me for repayment. I know he owes back child support as well. if he signs over the check to me will i have a issue with child support trying to take that money from me?

A: David’s Answer: I wouldn’t anticipate you’d have any issues, as it would be similar to him giving you cash. The problem would be his, ultimately, not yours. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network