Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Child support owed

Q: I lent my friend money when he got hurt on the job.( was out for a few months) He has several checks coming and wants to sign one over to me for repayment. I know he owes back child support as well. if he signs over the check to me will i have a issue with child support trying to take that money from me?

A: David's Answer: I wouldn't anticipate you'd have any issues, as it would be similar to him giving you cash. The problem would be his, ultimately, not yours. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions