Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Child support on external account?

Q: The father of my son is depositing child support on western union not child support account. He doesnt want to comply with child support orders and wants to do his way. Court date is in a month. Can he do this? What could happen at court? Should I take this money or wait for court date?

A: David's Answer: If there is a court order requiring him to pay via SCU, and he's instead having Western Union send you notices to come pick-up the money, then he's technically violating the order. Whether you accept the money now (you may endorse the money order "With Reservation" above your signature) depends on how desperate your financial situation is. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions