Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Child support and Driver's license suspension?

Q: I put my husband on child support on 2012. He got the amount deducted from his paycheck but he left his job on December and became a taxi driver. On December we went back to live together again and we have been living together with our son (10 years old) since then.
He received a letter saying he owes child support arrears and that his drivers license will be suspended on July 28th.
I went to court to cancel the child support order but for my surprise they told me we have to go in front of a judge and they gave me a date for August 7th.
What can we done?
In reality he does not owe any child support arrears and if the drivers license is suspended he will become unemployment. Is there anything we can do? Does he really have to pay me?
We live in New York

A: David's Answer:
You can both goto the SCU office and you can make the request that the suspension be lifted. On the court date, you can cancel the order & consider cancelling the arrears, if any. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions