High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I file a restraining order against someone who is stalking me through the internet?

Q: This person has is bipolar and has issues . The woman has told nother person that she went on my person Facebook and was reading everything I do . She filed a report on me not to long ago with acs on me trying to have my children taken away. It seems like she’s trying to start up something again.

A: David’s Answer: If she is unrelated to you and you don’t have an “intimate relationship” with her (or had one within the very recent past), then you cannot file for an order of protection yourself. You’d need to report the matter to the police. Call a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network