Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I challenge a questionable asset transfer in a child support matter?

Q: I am the father of a toddler. The mother and I are unmarried. She has temporary custody and the custody matter is in Westchester Family Court. We are also in Support Court. I have been pro se until learning facts below and seek counsel with relevant experience for the support matter.
She has/had a stock portfolio on which she made six-figure income that would have given her materially more income than I have (twice as much). She claims to have transferred the stock portfolio and cash to an irrevocable trust of which our baby is the beneficiary and of which she is a trustee. She provided no documentation. The transfer was effected 3 weeks before the first support hearing. I have reason to suspect she is being untruthful.
1. Can the trust documents be obtained?
2. She has a 7-figure deferred income account. Is there a way to have the income from that plan imputed for child support calculations?
3. She inflated her expenses materially for child support calculations and lied about certain items for which I have documentation.
I seek counsel with experience in hidden assets, fraudulent transfers in child support matters.

A: David's Answer: The answers to your questions are: (1) Yes, you'd need to make a demand fir discovery & inspection, (2) Any income she's deferred within the last year will count on that year's income. (3) Your demand for discovery can also demand corroboration of those expenses. Call a White Plains Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions