High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

When do things become inappropriate?

Q: Hello, i am currently a mother of a soon to be 11 year old boy. I am no longer together with my sons father as of 7 years ago now. He’s been very manipulative throughout the 7 years I’ve been in my new relationship. He threatened me non stop for moving on, and eventually went to court for visition rights to take the time my son spends with his stepfather away. This is what he told me out of his mouth. the court granted him every single right I have even if he hasn’t been much involved in my son’s life but now my son’s life has been readjusted because of him. What he does during my son’s visits is talk real bad about me. He bans my son from talking to me after 7pm whenever he gets him. My son always cries to go he told my child that he came out premature because I smoke when in reality I suffer from premature labora due to family history. My son is always crying. What can I do? I don’t want to believe this is ok and that my son has to suffer and cry and hear inappropriate things about me he comes back angry and sad all the time. What can I do?

A: David’s Answer: First, keep a paper-trail. Ask the Father whether he’s talking bad about you – and if so to stop as you feel it’s harming the child. Second, if (after writing that e-mail/text) the Father continues in his conduct, then file a petition to modify his visitation. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.
FindLaw Network