Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What happens with visitation when NCP moves out of state?

Q: My ex has visitation alternating weekends Saturday to Sunday. We currently have joint custody with primary physical custody to me. I just found out through another person that next year my ex will be moving to Florida. We live in Bronx, ny. What will happen as far as the visitation schedule. My daughter will be 8 at that time and she has never been away from me for more than two nights. I have raised her alone her whole life and he just got visitation in 2016. She is way too young to be traveling to Florida and staying the whole summer. This will severely affect her. What visitation will he get?

A: David's Answer: If he's the one moving, generally any visitation he gets he'd need to pay for the transportation. As for summer visitation, there's really no basis to request any additional visitation over-and-above what he receives currently for the summer. Of course, the schedule may be amended somewhat, but that doesn't necessarily equate to him getting most or all of summer. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions